Super Cars

About

2016 Nissan Z

What It Is: The seventh generation of Nissan's iconic sports car. Despite rumors of a 240Z reboot, a downsized Z is unlikely, as Nissan doesn't have an appropriate architecture to refashion the Z into a lighter, less expensive sports car akin to the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ twins. Expect a concept car appearing in the next 18 months to indicate a new design direction. The styling will break with the immediate past even as the rest of the package steams ahead on much the same course.
Why It Matters: In a lineup fraught with frugal four-cylinders paired with CVTs, the Z is as much an outlier as the GT-R. But Nissan needs the Z to tend the fire, reminding the world of the Datsun days when affordable performance was more of a corporate priority than cross-dressing crossovers. Godzilla may be the halo car, but it now costs six figures.
Platform: The Z will share a chassis with the Infiniti Q50. This new iteration of Nissan's entry-luxury sedan rides on an updated version of the venerable FM platform that underpins the current Z. Nissan will do what it can to keep the weight down, deploying more aluminum along with other pound-paring measures.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Thanks for your nice article. I am a regular reader in your blog. However, I have an offer for you to write for my blog Preetech3. It will be very nice to get you in my blog.

    By the way, I have another offer for you feel free to write me at (grabbani.dk@gmail.com) I will tell you details by mail. This is both beneficial for you and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think It will rocks in the future..

    ReplyDelete